Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What I've Been Up To

So I'm all into decorating candy lately. Not quite sure why, but I'm going with it! This is a World's Finest Chocolate Mints turned into World's Finest Teacher gift. The patterned paper is DCWV and the circles and scallops are just scraps cut with my Spellbinders and clever lever punch. I cut the word using my Cricut and Brophy font again with black scrap paper.
I'm planning to personalize it once I figure out which teacher is going to get it! Who knows, maybe I'll offer these at the next craft show I'm doing?










This one is meant for those little nugget candy bars. I'm supposed to fit 7 in there, but I don't trust myself with an opened bag of chocolate, so they're going to have to wait til selling or gifting time!
I also used my Cricut for this one. Have you heard of Sure Cuts A lot? It's an awesome program that you can use with your Cricut and make files to cut. So I made a file with the dimensions for this box in Adobe Illustrator, saved it as an svg file and then all I had to do was cut them with the Cricut (I fit 3 to one 12x12 page with some paper to spare), score them and glue them together. Takes all the extra measuring and guesswork out of these fun little projects. I plan to do more, using a patterned paper for the outside instead of the inside which will be hidden.

No comments: